From Public Health – Seattle & King County
Child safety seats can save lives, but they need to be used properly to be effective.
Parents and caregivers can get support in fitting their children securely in car seats at five free child car seat check-up events in upcoming months, beginning Friday, April 24, 2015. Public Health – Seattle & King County is hosting the events.
- Friday, April 24, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Coal Creek Family YMCA located at 13750 Newcastle Golf Club Rd, Newcastle
- Friday, May 8, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Renton Community Center located at 1715 SE Maple Valley Hwy, Renton
- Friday, June 12,10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Babies R Us, 17501 Southcenter Parkway, Tukwila
- Thursday, July 16, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Valley Regional Fire Authority, 1101 D St NE, Auburn
- Friday, August 7, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at St. Francis Hospital, 34515 9th Ave S, Federal Way
Parents and caregivers will have their child safety seat checked by a certified child safety seat technician for safe installation and educational materials will be on hand. Soon-to-be parents and caregivers are welcome as well.