From the Office of the Washington state Insurance Commissioner
Open enrollment in Medicare’s prescription drug program (Part D) and Medicare Advantage plans ends this Saturday, Dec. 7.
Help sorting through plans is available through the Washington state Insurance Commissioner’s SHIBA (Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors) program.
“We have volunteers statewide ready to answer questions, search for plans online, and provide information about prescription drug and Medicare Advantage plans,” said Todd Dixon, SHIBA Manager.
To contact a SHIBA volunteer in your area, call 1-800-562-6900.
You can also call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) for help.
For help in other languages, call:
- Spanish, Medicare, 1-800-633-4227
- Spanish, National Alliance for Hispanic Health, 1-866-783-2645
- Korean, National Asian Pacific Center on Aging, 1-800-582-4259
- Chinese, National Asian Pacific Center on Aging, 1-800-582-4218
- Vietnamese, National Asian Pacific Center on Aging, 1-800-582-4336
- Ask a trusted friend or relative for help